Financial Analysis of Energy Efficiency Projects: Fundamentals
Format: Online, on-demand streaming
Length: ~ 1.75 hours
CEUs: Coming soon
Are you new to financial analysis, or need a refresher on basic financial terminology? Or do you (or your customers) evaluate energy efficiency projects only by its “simple payback period”? This training provides a better understanding of financial terminology and formulas, as well as an introduction to using these formulas in EEFG’s financial analysis templates. You’ll also understand why calculating a project’s simple payback period may not be the best metric by which to evaluate its financial return.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: (See Eligibility Criteria below)
Anyone without a finance background who is involved in energy efficiency as well as those who need a refresher on what they learned earlier in their careers.
- Become familiar with the terminology used in the financial analysis of expense-reducing capital projects (e.g., first cost, savings, tax benefits, credits, deductions, capital and operating budgets, cash flow statements, revenue, expenses, margins, and more)
- Be comfortable enough using MS Excel’s functions, formulas and formatting to input project-specific details into EEFG’s cost-benefit analysis templates and generate useful reports
- Understand the implications and shortcomings of “simple payback period” (a prelude to the discussion of “good” and “bad” financial metrics featured in the Intermediate class
The Sacramento Municipal Utility District, or SMUD, has engaged EEFG, Inc. to provide this online/on-demand training to the following eligible stakeholders:
1) Customers of Sacramento Municipal Utility District
2) Professionals working in support of the Sacramento Municipal Utility District or its customers (e.g., a consultant helping a SMUD customer with their utility bills, benchmarking, or other efficiency initiatives)
If you are not eligible for registration because you are neither a customer of Sacramento Municipal Utility District, nor a professional working in support of Sacramento Municipal Utility District or its customers, you will be invoiced the full price of $99. If you have any questions, please contact EEFG, Inc. at email@example.com.
Registration is for a license to use these course materials on a PER-PERSON basis for one year. If you are registering for more than one person, please select the correct quantity of people and provide email addresses for each attendee in the notes field when completing registration. Account log on information will be sent to each attendee individually within 24 hours (Monday - Friday). Access by unlicensed registrants is strictly prohibited. As the licensed registrant for this training, you are accountable for any illegal distribution of course content including sharing your log-on information with others, group viewing, posting copies of this material on the Internet or on a company server or intranet, and any other form of unauthorized sharing. If you need additional help registering people for this course or using these training materials for your team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that they may be properly registered. All training materials are covered by U.S. Copyright law and under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.